samedi 2 juin 2007

Getting Ready to Go

The most boring-est title ever which has been preceded by an incredibly hecitic pre-leaving chaos. Between the contstant phone calls to Morocco, trips to pharmacies, internet cafes, and the like I will be looking forward to a little bit of tranquility in the 16 hours or so leading up to my flight.
I have finally worked out the details, as much as they can be worked out, and will be working in an orphanage in Marrakech for the first month of my visit. After that things may get a little bit dicy and I will have to rely on my skills of adaptation and of course the generosity of others to figure out what to do next. I already have a few possibilities which will probably mean re-locating. The more I can see the better.
I will look forward to up-dating what I've been up to and hope that there will be an occassional message here and there from interested readers. I have no idea what to expect or, as usual, what I'm getting myself into. I've tried as best as I can to get what I need in advance and the rest will, I'm sure, work itself out. It usual does.

Bon Voyage! Oh, no, that's what you say to me.

3 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

Jen! Bon voyage a Maroc!

Thanks for letting me know of your new blogspot and I hope that you find time to keep us posted on how life is going in the Sahel!

You'll love it in Marrakech, tis an incredible city. Bex and I have a kleenex box here in NZ that features one of the sights that Morna and Shannon and I saw while we were in Marrakech - a certain garden on the outskirts of town with a mausoleum that looks out all the way to the High Atlas Mountains on the horizon.

I trust that you are travelling on the Marrakech express... the train from tangier - Marrakesh overnight? Or do you fly directly into Marrakech?

Salaam Halayqum! (Peace of God be with you!)

We'll be thinking of you :)

Maria a dit…

Bon voyage cherie!

I look forward to reading all about it. Safe journey.

Maria

Jen the Misadventurer a dit…

Hey Eric,

Thanks so much. I flew directly to Marrakech and so did not have any train adventures. I'm hoping to do some travelling while I'm here and so will be making the most of whatever transport I can. I don't know why, but I love that you have a picture from Marrakech on a kleenex box.